No computers, ipads etc, only actual physical objects
As we each present our work, the presenter will not speak but the viewers will.
Spend 2 hours or more on this project per week
Each week a new challenge will be set. We will work on these challenges individually, making objects in response to them.
Through this we will explore making through 3d objects and materials, we will think with and through materials and see how our objects visually and physically communicate our ideas.
The made objects do not need to be very finished, they should be explorations of what you can do, and why you are doing it, samples of your ideas and aesthetic.
We will share the results of our explorations weekly, meeting for an hour in the MADM studio after the Wednesday lectures.
This will involve all of us putting our objects out on display for each other to see and having a small discussion around them.
The next challenge will be explained at the end of the discussion.
We will post about our made objects on our blogs so we can revisit each others work
Each week we will try to find new artists, makers, designers, buildings, architects, objects, whatever or whoever that relate to our objects and post these on our blogs too
· the objects can be big or small, whatever suits you
· they can be made from whatever suits you
· they do not have to be finished products, or polished in anyway, it doesn’t matter what the objects look like
· they should speak of your ideas without you having to explain them
· challenge yourself - think about trying new ideas and materials
· work with materials, ideas and shape/form